Thursday, September 07, 2006

You've Got Mail

Onboard the Africa Mercy, our crew will have access to an email cafe that will accommodate 18 flat screen computers (through a generous donation in honor of one of our IT staff from the UK office who passed away this year). This is one area that will always be busy, and will keep our crew happy! When you are thousands of miles away from home, nothing puts a 'cap' on your day like sitting down at the computer, opening up your email (and possibly hearing that sound: You've Got Mail). Hearing from friends and family is what often keeps me going when I'm tired, missing all of you, and wanting to be somewhere else. Then I read a 'funny quip' from my niece, Erica, and I feel like a part of me got to share in what everyone else shared in even though I wasn't there in person!! (see Erica - I DO ready your emails!! Fortunately, I'll have a computer in my office so I won't have to queue up for one of these commodities, but nonetheless, I still love hearing from all of you! Posted by Picasa

No comments: