Wednesday, March 28, 2007

My Last Weekend in Hebburn

My last weekend in Hebburn was a bit bittersweet. Everyone was moving onboard, and I was packing up to head to back to the USA. Eight suitcases later, my life was 'wrapped up'. So how did I spend my last day in Hebburn? On Saturday, I went onboard and watched our crew moving office furniture and equipment onboard. I walked into what would have been my office and I think that's when it really hit me...that my time in Mercy Ships was over. But I take away so many amazing memories and even more amazing friendships.
On Sunday, I went with one of those amazing friends, Pauline to the beautiful city of Durham (only a 10 minute train ride from Hebburn). Above in Durham Castle, such a beauitful place. It ended being a sunny day and we had such a time wandering around seeing the castle and we even ran into Ken, Ann and Jim. What a great way to spend a day.

No comments: