Monday, March 12, 2007

New Season in Life



Growing up in California, we didn't experience a lot of 'seasons' (in terms of weather)... Last week I flew over to Switzerland to visit some good friends of mine and the weather changed daily (lots of sunshine though which was very nice!!). Often in life, we experience the seasons of 'change'... and now I am embarking on a new change...

I have decided to resign from Mercy Ships after an absolutely amazing 7 1/2 years. I am excited about the upcoming change, but also a bit sad that I won't be on the Africa Mercy as she sails into Liberia. For those of you in Ghana, I am so grateful that I had that time with many of you. God, in His infinite wisdom, allowed me that time to say goodbye and put closure on some things, as well as having one more time on a functioning ship - what a blessing. And even though I thought I was saying goodbye to many of you as I was anticipating a different job, little did I know what God had up ahead for me (although He spoke to my heart early on in Feb 2006 that 2007 was going to bring about a major change).

I am soon to be Nashville Bound where I will be working with HopeForce International - http://www.hopeforece.org/ (and great friends - many of whom are ex Mercy Shippers) so I will be in great company!!! The way God is working all of this out is showing me that His hand is in this, and that makes me all the more excited.

I will still be available via instant message (albertawray - both AIM and Hotmail - and skype - albertawray - so do please keep in touch. For your address books, my email will change to wraya@hopeforce.org (already active).

I have one more week in the office (last day is Mar 16), then will take the remainder of my time here in the UK to finish packing up and spending some time with friends. I fly out of London Mar 28.

I know that many of us have experienced how small our world is, and yet how BIG our God is, so I know that my path will cross with many of you again at some point in time. Please stay in touch and know that I love each and every one of you. You are each dear to my heart. I will work on keeping my blog updated (http://www.albertasantecdotes.blogspot.com/), although I will be travelling for a bit once I leave England, so bear with me! I look forward to watching your journey in many of your blogs and websites as well.

May our Lord go before you in whatever part of the world you are in and know that you are always welcome wherever I am. I hear Nashville's not only a great place to live, but also a great place to visit (hint, hint!!).

Blessings,
Alberta

1 comment:

Izzlebug said...

Alberta,

Best of luck in your new job and "Godspeed" with the packing and traveling parts.

I won't go into detail here, but I am also keeping up with my blog if you happen to have time to stop by you could say a prayer or two - it would be very welcome and appreciated right now.

Let all of us former Chatham-ites know how you're doing and when you have officailly arrived in Nashville.

Best of everything to you in all of this and more.

Liz Smith/Izzlebug