Thursday, March 22, 2007

My Travel Itinerary for the next few weeks!



This pic is taken downtown Newcastle - one of my favorite places!!

Well, things are winding down for me here in the United Kingdom. My last day at Mercy Ships was last Friday and I am busy finishing up packing (up there on my list of top WORST 10 things to do in life !!) But in spite of having to endure packing, I am excited for what lies ahead. Just so you know, I will be keeping up my blog as I transition to HopeForce to stay tuned for more to come. The email link now works (thanks, Liz, for pointing that out to me!!)

Just to let you know, today is a big day for the Africa Mercy. There's a meeting happening in Paris today that will determine if the ship is ready for Sea Trials. If she (the ship) is ready, the technical crew (along with a few others) will take her out next Wednesday. The Deck and Engineering crew have already moved their offices onboard, and everyone else is on standby to do the same possibly this Saturday). It's an exciting time and a stressful time, so keep the crew in your thoughts and prayers. If all goes well during Sea Trials, the ship will sail directly to Blythe when done (about 30 minutes up the river). The crew will then all board the ship, load everything that's stored in the warehouses, and prepare to head to Africa in May.

It's a strange feeling to know that I, along with hundreds of others, have put in so many hours, who will not sail with the ship, but I have always believed in my heart since the very first time I set foot onboard this ship, that God knew who needed to be onboard during that first sail. There have been literally hundreds of us who have left our fingerprints onboard that ship, and something I am sure all of us will hold dear to our hearts forever. I thought I would be one of them, but that is not to happen, and you know what? I am ok with that!!! I am very excited about my next 'adventure' with HopeForce and being based stateside for awhile.

I thought I'd let you know my itinerary for the next few weeks and ask that you keep me in your prayers during this time. If any of you are living in any of these locations and you want to possibly arrange a time to get together, let me know (even if it's just a chat by phone)!!

  • Tuesday, Mar 27 - Drive down to Harpenden and Oxford, England
    Pray for safe travels as I've never driven this before and even though I am comfortable driving in England, it's always a bit harder for me when I don't know the route or the road signs and I am by myself ... it's about a 4 hour drive.
  • Thursday, Mar 29 - Fly from Heathrow, London (7:55 am) to Washington D.C. where I will stay with my good friends , Liza and Eric , along with their children - Liza's family all live in Nashville, so that will be a good connection for me.
  • Sunday, April 1, fly to Nashville (around 12:45 noon)
    I will be in Nashville from Apr 1 - 17. Some of the things I will be doing while I am there:
    ~ Staff Retreat April 2 and 3
    ~ HopeForce Reservist Training April 13 and 14
    ~ Looking for a potential place to live
    ~ See the area to get my bearings a bit
    ~ Visit a few contacts there for potential church, potential home, etc
    ~ Please pray that I will have a sense of 'coming home'. I am really desiring this and look forward to telling you all about my experiences that I have while I am there
  • SundayApril 17 - 30: I fly to California (San Jose). A friend there has offered me a room and a car to use while I am there - such a blessing!! I hope to visit my supporting churches, as well as visiting other individuals who support me. I am also hoping to take a few days to see friends in Modesto and San Luis Obispo to see some friends and of course, to see some of you!!
  • April 30: Fly to Bend, Oregon where my family lives!

During this time, I hope to get a bit of rest as it will have been a very hectic time up til now I need to also buy a car at this time . My plan is to buy a car so pray that I can find a good deal on a very dependable vehicle (I'm praying for a good deal on a RAV4 - either 2005 or 2006 with low mileage). I am looking forward to spending a few weeks with family before heading back to Nashville. I haven't figured out the route yet, but hope to stay with various friends along the way back (so I may be calling you!!). It will be a long trip, but I think it may also provide a good 'self-debriefing' time.

I will leave Bend most likely the 3rd week of May (we'll see how it all goes from there! )...
I don't have a phone number yet where you can reach me, but I am hoping to purchase a cell phone while I am in Nashville, but as soon as I have one, I will let you know what it is. I hope to see many of you along the way

I will hopefully be able to check emails fairly regularly. Send all emails to wraya@hopeforce.org.

Can't wait to be on the same continent as many of you :)

love, Alberta

No comments: