Sunday, November 11, 2012

It's been hard to keep up this site with everything else I've had going on. I am getting ready to wrap up my first six months with OM-Operation Mobilization. It's gone by so fast. In many ways, I miss living in Europe - especially the architecture. I was always fascinated with the old buildings, and beautiful architecture around me when I lived in Europe.

Now I am living in beautiful Georgia ... if you have any doubt, look at this picture.  This was taken just as I was leaving the office a few nights ago. Sunset was just beginning and it cast it's last minute lighting over the front area of our office. I was taken in by the colors and felt like I had entered a private moment as God, in His art studio, put the finishing touches on today's art project. I felt privilege to be a part of it. And in minutes it was gone. If not for this pic, I would most likely not even be able to recall what it looked like.

I need to take more 'moments' to remember that God is also creating His art IN me. Sometimes it feels like I'm needing to start all over, but then I remember that sometimes you have to put one layer on the canvas before you can build toward the real picture. I am an art work-in-progress. On the days when it feels like it's not going to turn out, I can remember that in a few minutes, the lighting will change, and tomorrow is always another day.

No comments: