Monday, September 10, 2007

Everyone needs an Oasis


Everyone needs a place of refuge; a haven of rest...well I finally found mine. I previously posted a picture of where I am currently living - a beautiful farm-style home on a 26 acre piece of land. It's been a great 'transition spot', but I happened upon a great little find just down the road from it. It's a tiny little 3 bdrm house located on a 300 acre cattle ranch. It needs a bit of work, but the surrounding area is absolutely gorgeous! All that surrounds me is trees, hills, valleys, cows, an occasional coyote and fox, not to mention all the fun little creatures that come with 'woodsy' living. The cool thing is that I am only 5 min. from the grocery store and 10 min. from work! Since taking this picture, I've painted the living room, and my bedroom. I'm in the midst of waiting (I seem to be doing that a LOT lately) for furniture to arrive which I recently ordered, as well as waiting for my items in storage (from Texas) to arrive sometime in the next month (hopefully!). I've done a lot of weeding, cutting back trees, and putting in outdoor solar lighting. Still a lot more to do, but it's nice putting effort into a place I know I'm going to be for awhile. To the left of the house, you'll see a tiny little shed. Looks like the previous occupants used it for a schoolroom - it will be perfect for a craft room! I think I'll save that project for when my sister comes to visit :-) .... I have a guest room, so please come visit! Here's a view of part of my yard...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alberta,

Things have been so hectic I almost forgot I had your URL on hand. Congratulations on the new home, I assume you have purchased it rather than renting, so a double congrats on a first home, too!

I hope all is going well for you and that your furniture and other miscellaneous possessions arrive soon and safely.

Liz Smith

Coles Chronicles said...

Hey ....I love your place. It looks so peaceful. I'll have to come and see you :-) I will be in Texas from 14th till 22nd October, will you be anywhere close to the IOC? My week will be FULL with meetings and looking at the new HR software.
Love you & miss you loads my friend.....Bren xxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

I am the kind of guy who enjoys to try original stuff. Presently I'm making my own solar panels. I'm doing it all alone without the assistance of my men. I am using the internet as the only way to acheive this. I discovered a really brilliant site that explains how to contruct pv panels and so on. The website explains all the steps involved in solar panel construction.

I am not really sure bout how accurate the data given there is. If some experts over here who have experience with these things can have a peak and give your feedback in the thread it will be awesome and I would extremely value it, because I extremely lav [URL=http://solar-panel-construction.com]solar panel construction[/URL].

Thanks for reading this. U people are great.