Monday, January 22, 2007

Row Row Row Your Boat...

Woohoo... today saw the installation of our 50-man lifeboats (50-persons to be 'politically' correct). Step by step we're moving closer...little by little we're taking ground!!! Exciting times here onboard the Africa Mercy. Earlier you saw the pic of the testing of the davits. And since they passed the testing phase, we were able to load both 50-person lifeboats onboard the AFM today. Another big milestone checked off the list! Below is my friend, Rodrigo, from Brasilia, Brasil... the lifeboats are one of his areas of responsibility as our 3rd officer. Rodrigo - can I have a ride???

2 comments:

mw said...

Alberta!

How wonderful to find your comment the other day! It's AWESOME to see on your blog just how close the ship is getting to Africa. So much has been put into her already - what an exciting time to be with the Africa Mercy!

Hope you are well! I would love to be a part of your e-newsletter list! I'll be praying for you Mercy Shippers.

Blessings, matt

Anonymous said...

Alberta,

I just left a message on the class discussion page asking how you were doing. It sounds as if, at least since January 12, things are going well. I lost track of your schedule so do not know if you're actually in Africa yet, or not. whatever the case, I've been thinking of you and hope all is going very well.

Liz Smith