Monday, May 01, 2006

Basic Safety Training at its BEST!

I just spent a week getting training in Basic Safety Training (see several pictures below). This consisted of Fire Fighting - going into a container on fire, putting out different classes of fire, learning how to put on fire gear, etc. I learned that I hate things up around my face and neck, but fighting the fires was actually pretty cool! We also had a day learning first aid and cpr, then we moved on to Water Safety techniques - getting into these beautiful red gumby suits (see below!) - not my idea of being fashion-conscious, but it gets the job done! All in all, it was a great time of bonding for the 16 of us that participated. The Africa Mercy has to have a lot of us trained in this so I'm sure those of you are coming to join us will get your chance one day soon! Posted by Picasa

No comments: